Friday, May 22, 2009

Gerry Anderson's UFO Slated To Become Movie

Gerry Anderson, best known for his Thunderbirds and Space: 1999 tv series, did a tv show over in the U.K. back in 1970 called UFO. About three years ago when HD channels were just starting to dazzle my brain, I recall watching some episodes of UFO in high-def. I can safely say that the show is largely forgettable, with a few interesting ideas thrown in. Maybe you had to be a kid growing up in the U.K. to really love it, I don't know. All I know is, this was a sci-fi show made in 1970 and it depicted a 1980 world battling aliens and all sorts of crazy shit. Pretty far-fetched!

Now Variety is reporting that UFO is slated to become the latest victim of retro recyclables. Check out this clip... it's the intro from the show. I have to admit the music is very catchy. Makes me horny! Groovy, baby, yeahh!

1 comment:

  1. Really groovy music - altho Phoenix Five's thrumming, jivin' bass ftw hands down!

    ReplyDelete