Friday, May 15, 2009

Pizza Hut Identity Crisis

Can someone tell me WTF is going on with Pizza Hut these days? Several years back the company updated its logo, and even though I initially grumbled about liking the old 80's one more (I'm a purist... translation... old fucker who can't accept change), I was eventually okay with it.


Super old-ass logo (70's)



Old logo (80's and 90's)



New logo (current)


Which brings me to my complaint. About a month ago, we ordered from our local Pizza Hut. I happen to like their pizza the best, at least when it comes to the big chains. Anyway so when the delivery guy comes he hands me a box with this on it:


I was like, "WTF is this?" The dude didn't have an answer, which kind of made me even more pissed. Doesn't he even care? So I see this strange logo and immediately an image of Jabba from Star Wars pops into my head. Can you blame me? I actually wanted to grab a Sharpie and draw Jabba the Hut on the box lid but I never got around to it.

So just a few minutes ago I found this pic on the Net and had to laugh:

Apparently other people are thinking the same thing. Heh.

So not only is Pizza Hut dabbling in the very stupidly-named "Wing Street" co-brand, it's also trying to change the Pizza Hut logo for the second time in about a decade. Who the f#*@ is in charge at Pizza Hut... a moron? For god's sake, these people make pizza and they are removing the word "pizza" from their established brand name! Plus, they are making people think of Jabba the Hut. WHA--? Put me in charge... I swear to god I would make better decisions than this.

I mean, come on. "The Hut?" Really??

2 comments:

  1. Maybe they're working out a deal to get Jabba as their new spokesman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, good one

    Maybe they could even have a special, limited edition "Han Solo in Carbonite" embossed pizza box at one point.

    ReplyDelete