Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Reboot! Reboot! Reboot! The "New" Total Recall Has A Writer

omfg almighty, is there no one in Hollywood willing to create something new?

I mean, come on.

A reboot of Total Recall is in the works and the writer's name is Kurt Wimmer. Oh BOY!

I know I posted about this back in February, but this is still bugging me like crazy. I don't mind a remake here or there... surely we would agree some films are so dated and out of touch with modern times, they could use a re-telling. I'm open minded. But why do they have to remake such a kick-ass sci-fi classic? What are they trying to fix or improve? It's not as if the original was lacking in some obvious way. To the contrary; as far as I'm concerned, I put Total Recall on the top shelf as one of the best science fiction stories ever put to film! So why are they doing this? The answer is simple:


There you go. F#@%ing money.

The only way this is going to stop is if people start boycotting these unnecessary remakes. People could easily organize massive boycotts via the Internet. I don't know what movie it's gonna be, I don't know when it's gonna go down, but mark my words, it will happen. It's only a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment