Thursday, July 23, 2009

SDCC Report: Avatar Footage Shown! Detailed Description!

So here we go. After months, maybe years of speculation, hype, rumors, and everything else, people have gotten their first look at James Cameron's up-and-coming 3D film, Avatar. The good news is, the footage reportedly looked great. The bad news is your eyeballs may not get raped out of their sockets after all.

Quint from Ain't It Cool News provided a very detailed run-down of the footage shown, a full 25 minutes worth. Here's a quote:

"Honestly, I’ve never had a picture of this movie in my head. The plot has been vague, the details minimal…
so I’ve only ever hoped to see a fun, kick-ass James Cameron movie. On that level, I’m positive the eye-candy will be there for me come December. But I will say lower those expectations. The footage was good, layered, incredibly detailed and full of imagination and incredible imagery, but I wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s the next quantum leap forward in filmmaking. However there's no doubt Cameron's pushing the limits. Just don't expect to have your head blown out your asshole or eyeballs raped or whatever the newest talkback thing is."

I was kinda hoping for an eyeball rapin' myself. Oh well. For the full report, click here.

1 comment:

  1. This doesn't sound like it will match the enormous hype but maybe once the whole film is together it will be amazing?

    ReplyDelete