Tuesday, July 28, 2009

War Begins

Listen to this awesome, so-epic-it-cannot-be-any-more-epic-er orchestrated piece. It's called "War Begins" and once you hear it you will want to run outside, climb a hilltop and assemble an army to battle global terrorism.



What a great, powerful piece of music that is, by a man named Brian Tyler. I think it was originally scored for a Dune mini-series but I could be wrong. I do know that a portion of it was used in one of the trailers for J.J. Abrams' new Star Trek. It's what I was hoping for when they were scoring the actual film, but what we ended up with (Michael Giacchino) was largely forgettable. Don't get me wrong, I think the Trek score had its moments but by and large they paled in comparison to this mighty piece of work.

Thanks to Eric for the link!

No comments:

Post a Comment