Thursday, February 19, 2009

Samsung LCD Fun



Our monitor was going bad so I was poking around on Tiger Direct the other night to see what options were out there. I saw a 19-inch widescreen Samsung LCD model at a price I could not believe... $129 plus $1.99 shipping. Could not turn that down.

The UPS truck delivered it last night. I hooked this sucker up and all I can say is omfg. Great monitor! It can be raised and lowered, and it also has a pivot feature for horizontal and vertical viewing.


For me, that was the deal clincher; I've always wondered how cool it would be to run certain MAME games in vertical mode, and I'll be damned if it ain't the shit! The monitor pivots with very little effort so switching between horizontal and vertical modes is painless. I love the fact that games like Pac-Man, Galaga, Dig Dug, and Burgertime can be viewed this way; they just look so legit. The monitor depth is pretty slim too, which is nice.

Donkey Kong never looked better in my house


Pac-Man looks sick on this thing


My son Doug with the X-Arcade...
He's one of the best gamers I've ever seen


Doug, beasting some Bump 'N Jump


Razor sharp images in 1440 x 900 resolution


I'm not being paid to say this but I'm telling you now, this monitor is worth every penny. So it's made in The Land of Tortillas, who cares? My belt and my shoes probably came from there too, so what. Again, we're talking $130 here. If you're checking out LCDs for your PC or Mac, you'd be hard pressed to do better.




1 comment:

  1. Mr. Fun, that set up is sweet! Can you do a post of how to do MAME cuz I have no clue how to do this. I tried to download the games but it never worked..........

    ReplyDelete