Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dead Rising 2

I was just talking games with a co-worker the other day and one of the things I brought up was, "Where's Dead Rising 2?" The original Dead Rising is still one of my favorite Xbox 360 games. It was also an exclusive title for the 360 and sold like a bazillion copies, so Capcom would surely want to ride that gravy train, right?

Well, I'll be! Here it is!



This time around, the setting is Vegas and it looks really good. Apparently Capcom has been quietly working on it for some time now. I would imagine the company wants to stagger the release away from Resident Evil 5 (another zombie-themed game.) DR2 will feature more zombies on screen at once and more interactive items (ie; weapons). Plus, you can roll over zombies while inside a giant hamster ball, and who doesn't want to do that?

There's also some video footage which just leaked to the Net. Check it out:



Dead Rising 2 will be available in Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC formats. I haven't been able to pin down a release date but when I do, I will update.

Should be fun! Can't wait!

Thanks to IGN.com


Bookmark and Share

1 comment: