Sunday, February 1, 2009

Here We Go!

Damn it all, I'm caving in.

I hate the word "blog." I mean, what is that, anyway? What a dumb word. What a dumb ass word. It just might be the stupidest-sounding word I have ever heard in my entire life. Blog is a word George W. Bush would have made up. It makes me think of dropping a deuce or something. It makes me think "Yo man, light a match 'cause I dropped a blog!" Couldn't they come up with a better sounding word? Although being the hypocrite that I am I must confess I have several "blogs" bookmarked which I visit almost on a daily basis.

I guess I wanted to venture into this territory to see what kind of fun I could have in doing so. After all, fun is the best thing you can have, especially in times of stress. And with our economy in the proverbial shitter these days, I'm thinking we could all use a heavy dose of it. Fun with a capital 'F.'

And it's something everyone can relate to, right? Even the coldest of hearts, the biggest sons-of-bitches on the face of the earth would agree: fun is good. And that's when it hit me. After struggling to think of a name for this [insert dry heaves] "blog," I decided to call it F as in Fun. Strange name, yes. The fact that I've been drinking for seven hours straight might have something to do with it, I don't know.

In any case, with regard to this blog, I can promise one thing and one thing only: I will focus my attention on the 'F' word whenever possible. I may stray here and there due to my short attention span, but fun will be the main objective. It's pretty cut and dried. Unless I get cancer or something (which would possibly diminish the output of my Fun Meter LEDs), I will be all over this thing we call fun. I will be all over it like Oprah on a plate of Popeye's.

Primarily, I will be posting about many of the things I enjoy on a personal level. Video games, fast food, candy, toys, sports cars, music, my family, my friends, art, science and technology, entertainment, celebrities, jokes, funny pictures, big boobs (had to sneak that one in there), stories from my past, current events, links to fun shit on the web; all that kinda stuff. I will also pass along any and all methods I feel might be helpful in your pursuit of fun.

Look, all I know is, having fun is... better than not having it. And isn't it the one thing we all look forward to every single day?
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment